Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good thing I don't need a career or anything.

I received this email today from the Career Center here on campus.

Two Excellent Internships!

1) NC Office of the Governor

- A Communications Intern for Summer 2009


Media, PR, writing press releases, event planning, database management, research and investigate community issues..............

The internship will provide students an opportunity to gain knowledge of media strategy and constituency work, develop better communication, writing and organizational skills. Students also gain an understanding of media and public relations in a government setting.

Great Opportunity!



...if you know me...how awesome does that sound?!?
That's a perfect way to get my foot in the door, get involved with the media and politics. Everything I want! "Great Opportunity," you ain't kiddin'!!!


yeah. about a month too late. I already accepted the GSE job and I am excited about it, but this would have been awesome too.
Dear Career center, get it together. In the meantime, I will still think of you as relatively useless.


In other news. 40 minutes until Easter Break. Sooo many weights have been lifted off my shoulders so I can enjoy this break. Didn't find the crook, but it's ok. Started my speech, got the reading I need for MME. The end of the semester crunch is creeping up on me and pushing me to get my work done, if for no other reason except that I legit don't have time to do it.

I feel really motivated lately. My plans for my first night home include: Copious amounts of Laundry, cooking something delish for dinner, vegging on the couch and maybe even working on my speech for Public Speaking. I know you all read that last part and said "chyeah right.." and you could be correct. But it's due Tuesday, and I want to be ready for this one, plus it's about DC so, basically, lovesit. Don't judge me. Let's just hope that motivation doesn't decide to stay in Mo.Co. I need to get it together for reals.

I forsee a super great weekend. Friends, family, food (I can eat meat tomorrow!!), and Northpark. Nothing could be better.
Be on the look out for photoblogs over the break.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment