A lovely Saturday evening. Dinner with my wonderful boyfriend at Brio. For those of you unaware, Brio=amazing. It's this amazing Tuscan grill with just FABULOUS food. My dinner consisted of: some very tasty bread, roasted garlic, spinach and artichoke dip (the best I have EVER had) with baked flat bread, Alla Pasta Vodka (the waiter asked for my ID, I said "seriously?!" he laughed and said "no, I just like to see people's reactions" we tipped him well.), the tastiest little cappuccino cup of cheesecake with the most amazing raspberry on top. It was delicious and I am still full. Suck on that Food Network. (confused, read on down).
After dinner we went over to Best Buy, Mac was looking for some sort of adapter for his guitar and his mac so he can record his music better. As he was looking for said adapter I found a display of discount movies for $4.99 and proceeded to plunder.
Some of what I found was expected. Just Married, that god-awful film that still made me laugh, probably for all the wrong reasons, with Ashton Kutcher (pre-demi moore) and Brittany Murphy ('member her? yeah not many people seem to). There was Pshyco. The remake. ew. Robocop 3. I didn't know they had made a second one. Far and Away, thats right Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise. Ah Hollywood. And countless other films I would have to IMDB to tell you more about them. And lets be honest I don't care that much.
What kills me about the discount bin, and yes, ulimately what draws me to it, are the priceless gems that can be found in there. There was one handful of movies I fished out that were particullary troublesome. In my hand I held, Date Movie. The single biggest pile of shit to ever smear across the silver screen. The Hurricane. Starring Denzel Washington in his Golden Globe WINNING performance. Joy Ride. Lame, generic teenage horror flick. and Bobby. One of my favorite movies. I double taked at the title and checked the back hoping I had made some error. No, same movie I love so much. I double checked the price tag, thinking "maybe it was put here by mistake!" No. $4.99. I was so heartbroken. I couldn't even buy it. I would have told people "I got it for $4.99 and it would have made me sad all over again.
What got me thinking is who are the movie Nazis that dictate prices! Date movie, Robocop 3, some random Simpson movie I've never heard of, about 1,000 copies of A Guy Thing (poor Jason Lee)- sure those all belong there. But Denzel and Bobby. That's just mean. If I had that kind of power I would wield it in a kinder manner. Because...
MEANWHILE- Beverly Hills Chihuahua. $21.99. Hell, even Howard the Duck is $9.99.
Maybe I'm being negative. Maybe someone put Bobby in there for cheap to get someone to buy it and have the amazing movie experience that I did.
Whatever. Next time I'm going to switch the stickers....After I get my copy for $4.99
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
fraggle rock came from that exact same bin. i don't understand it either.
ReplyDelete