Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm a masochist, and Bobby Flay is a sadist.

I have a problem. So, following the 2008 Presidential Election I was on CNN over load. In an attempt to break my CNN addiction and keep my roommate from killing me I turned to the food network for a new source of entertainment. 

What I have learned though is that I am, in fact, a masochist. Why? Because I watch the food network after 9pm. "Will Work for Food," "Iron Chef," "Unwrapped" "Ace of Cakes" "DD&D" (diners drive in and dives) it doesn't matter if it's on I watch it. And as I watch I get hungrier and hungrier. The peak of my hunger usually hits around 12:30am, just in the wonky time frame that makes it way to late to eat, but just enough time for me to be starving as I fall asleep.

What makes it all the worse is living in a dorm with nothing to eat. I have cereal, yogurt and almonds. But sitting here watching Bobby Flay make raviloi and deep dish pizza, my healthy evening snack just doesn't match up. 

What is a starving college student to do? All I have is Harris Tetter down the road and that is so involved, not to mention the added work to make something once I get back. The only other option is cookout, and let's be honest I don't have the metabolism I used to. A cookout tray used to leave me feeling content. Now, if I eat cookout after 10pm I feel like I've been shot with a tranquilizer dart. 

Never the less, at this point I would throw Bobby Flay down a set of stairs for that pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment